• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

AllanG

AllanG

OZBMX Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
This is the final piece of my freestyle puzzle & I thought it'd be worth posting up although it's not the only blue/chrome Sport in Adelaide !.

Picked it up near complete from the wizards of restoration C4labspc and only need to do a few things to it so it's a carbon copy of my all time favourite bike - Ron Wilkerson's Sport at the start of RAD.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The white Masters I got from a guy in Tasmania off ebay, the tyres are the duro's which although they're awesome i'll change out sometime when blue and/or white Haro tyres come up (did Haro make their own tyres or did they get Panaracer to do them as per the ad below ???)

Posted Image

Also picked up the NOS Grey Masters but after looking at them it'd be near criminal to use them

Posted Image

So I picked up another set which were listed as used but are near perfect - i feel less guilty about mounting these (as soon as I can find some new axles/bearings).

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wish I had a pic of the RAD bike but he obviously went through parts being a pro rider.

Posted Image

No more collecting for me now, no more searching ebay day and night - i'm spent !

Boundtocrash

Boundtocrash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
Looks hot man, :good_mini:

chrisd05

chrisd05

OZBMX Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
awesome, love the 86 Haro's especially in blue

fuuzoku

fuuzoku

OZBMX Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
love the bike...

love the grey masters even more :)

4130bigr

4130bigr

just stop, the more you talk the stupider you sound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,157 posts
I love this bike, I saw it at Radelaide and its RAD

samkat

samkat

OZBMX Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
Pure SEX!

jase76

jase76

OZBMX Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
This is soooooooooo dope it is insane

AllanG

AllanG

OZBMX Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
When one of the guys who works at C4 restores a bike for himself you know it's going to be all class - I take no credit for it !

Apart from the chain, the NOS white MKS pedals (until I find NOS DX's) and the NOS black letter dominator I basically did nothing - just the way I like it :rofl_mini:

I have a straight fluted seatpole needing a rechrome and a spare repowdered set of 86 bars in case I want a factory spec bike - love to find a chainguard though, I imagine they went into the bin on day 2 of ownership lol

Rex

Rex

Your stupidity has reached the limits of my medication

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
awsome bike al, i had a 87 fst and my mate had an 86 sport just like yours, i always wanted his bike and you just reminded me why, lol

Free-styler

Free-styler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 169 posts
F R E A K I N G - A W E S O M E ride right there! These older Haro's look like SEX to me. Pure hotness man. Nice pick up AL.

troya

troya

OZBMX Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts
nice pick up looks mint FITPAYS chris has alwayz got great stuff .
good to see more haros in oz

CYBORG

CYBORG

OZBMX Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
Very nice Al, looks like Santa came early to you. :good_mini:

stuntman mike

stuntman mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 158 posts
NICE definitly on my wish list

Q. Whats it like to finally give up the addiction?
Do you feel relief or regret? Now, I know you may
well feel both, but I know damm sure you feel one
more than the other? (Kill Bill 2)

agent smith

agent smith

OZBMX Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
Mmmm, i like very much! Great looking Haro.
You think your collecting days are over?????? You are only fooling yourself if you think that. I said the same thing that many times, but now i know that i will never be rid of my addiction..............NEVER I TELLS YOU :crazy_mini: :crazy_mini: :crazy_mini:

AllanG

AllanG

OZBMX Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
Anyone that's been to my place knows how out of control it got, now i've been selling off parts it feels great - instead of looking at a row of frames & thinking 'ok i need a seat for this, I need a chain for that, I need brakes for this, it feels great to have a few completes that don't need anything.

When I said my collecting days are over, it means i'm not spending $1000 on a bike, $200 on a set of pedals etc etc - I don't know anyone who enjoys doing that !

If I find one at a garage sale for $50 i'll buy it (hey who wouldn't) !

That Invert Guy

That Invert Guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
You inspired me to watch Rad last night for the first time since the 80s. Great bike mate.