• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

Bigtim73

Bigtim73

OZBMX Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
G'day! New to Bmx after a 20 year hietus? BITD I used to hack around on a roadking, the olds didn't have a lot of brass. It got pinched? WTF? Really!!!!? So it was a 10 speed hand me down from there. That was the end of bmx until now... The young bloke is 5 and keen as on bmx and just getting on the 16" mitygoose whenever he can!

So I invested in a goose tyax MTB to cruise with him ( and to tow the 1 yr old in a trailer) when she comes with us.

About 4 weeks ago I thought I'd take him to the track at Liverpool for a spin and it has unleashed a demon within us!!!!

BMX racing here we come!!! I'm 38, the young bloke is 5 and we about to embark on an epic journey together... I'm pumped!!! Picked up a GT cruiser tonight from a member (paineful), thanks again! absolute champion, a Haro junior for the little fella tomorrow and we are off! Gonna join MacArthur BMX this Thursday hopefully, if not next week.

Next stop is an old school cruiser.... Oh god help me...

Awesome vibe on the site, look forward to chatting with ya's and meeting up with ya round the traps.

Peace! Tim

ApolloMkII

ApolloMkII

OZBMX Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
Hello and welcome aboard Tim!

ApolloMkII

ApolloMkII

OZBMX Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
Tim, we have a Sydney city ride coming up on Easter Saturday, that's the 7th April. We all meet at the Pumphouse in Darling Harbour at 11am.
If you want to read about this meeting, have a look here:

http://www.ozbmx.com...showtopic=39808

ELEPHT70

ELEPHT70

R.I.P Crossy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts
Welcome bro. Great to see you and the family are getting back into it!!
Cheers, Craig.

jackbkwikn

jackbkwikn

KING OF MELTON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
Welcome back

Hobbes12

Hobbes12

MF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
Whats Up!

Bigtim73

Bigtim73

OZBMX Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
Sounds good Apollo, no good this time. Going down to MT Gambier SA to visit the fam at Easter, but will be keen for future rides!!
Cheers, Tim

Condorman

Condorman

OZBMX Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
Welcome to ozbmx Tim :good_mini:

rowl42

rowl42

OZBMX Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
Welcome Tim have fun its a good spot.

Bigtim73

Bigtim73

OZBMX Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
Thanks for the well wishes lads! I must admit, this is by far the most positive forum site I am a member of... Not to mention the people involved in the sport of bmx typically are friendly and only too happy to help or give advice! I get the feeling we will be involves for many years to come!!!
BTW, picked up a GT cruiser the other day for myself and a Haro junior for me little man. Can't wait to take em for a spin on the track this week!
Cheers

woftam master

woftam master

Glutton for Bike Parts

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
Painie has influenced you? That cant be good :rofl_mini:
Come along to one of the old school races at Macarthur - I think the next one is 14th of next month - its combined with their clubbies. You think the bug has bitten you now, wait till you try that :pittydafool:

Bigtim73

Bigtim73

OZBMX Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
Was hoping to get to the swappie on Sunday but couldn't swing it.
I'm currently building an 85 goose loopy ( my first ever build) and am hoping to have her ready for the 14th, just need a set of rims for her. Failing that I have the cruiser... Me and the boy will be there with bells on!!!

shannon rocks

shannon rocks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
well said

Bigtim73

Bigtim73

OZBMX Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
The goose is ready! Took her for a test spin today at macarthur, loved it! Keen for tomorrow, albeit lacking a bucket load of fitness... The boy is even keen after his stack on Thursday... Look forward to meeting some of you guys tomorrow! Go easy on me.... :D

joffa

joffa

Still here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
Awsome Bigtim, fitness is over rated it's all about gettin out there, sounds like your little bloke is having a blast, see ya in a few hours. :good_mini:

Toadie

Toadie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
After my girls first ride, She was so tired, so I let her rest.............she is better at it now tho

Posted Image