bloud

Tange Axeblade Frame with Tange TRX Bladed Fork

5 posts in this topic

Tange Axeblade Frame and Tange TRX Fork 
Asking 1,375 AUD ($1000USD)

SHIPPING 
US - $25 
AUSTRALIA/WORLD-WIDE: 137AUD ($100USD)

There are no cracks, OR hairline cracks. The chrome is in good to fair condition, but as you can see looks good in photos. I never liked to restore things. I noticed a very small ding under the top tube when photographing it. Never noticed before, it's maybe 2mm (see photo). There is some chrome peeling on the brake bridge and on rear dropouts. There are various scratches etc. See photos. This F/F appears quite a bit nicer than any axeblade that has sold recently...

This is likely the first Axeblade ever made. Non-serialized, and found in California years ago. It's determined that this was likely owned by Carl Burris, who received the first Axeblade prototype when sponsored by Tange in the late 70's in California. He then sold it to a neighbor who then moved away. I then bought it from someone in California. 

There is what appears to be a scratched-out name on the bottom of the bottom bracket (see photo). It's possible the name said "Carl Burris..." You can make out what might be a letter "C" under the scratch marks. It's not a stolen frame, nor was there ever a serial number stamped on this. Please login or register to see this image. /monthly_2018_08/IMG_5723.JPG.e9c61700c4b75ca9e40935370251db24.JPG" alt="IMG_5723.JPG" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Well that's the first time I've seen one of them before.  Very nice

wow cool looking bike also have not seen before but this is the 3rd one ive seen in the last week GLW sale :good_mini: