5mm DiaCompe spacer.

30 posts in this topic

Hi Team.Im in urgent need of a 5mm Spacer to suit a MX1000 caliper.

Had a look mate but nothing. In the past I have used the spacers that come with modern day brake pads 

Putting two half moon washers together will give you about 7mm. Not sure what you're trying to do. Fastener place will have stainless spacers so should be easy to find. Please login or register to see this image. /monthly_2018_09/image.png.f428a27b13f3e2024894926ca6cee0b6.png" alt="image.png" />

Thanks guys i actually need one to put between the brake bridge and the back of the caliper so the caliper arms dont hit the frame on my PK.

This type of spacer.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Been through my boxes of bits and come up zip so far.

Make one from alloy rod. Cut off the length you need, put it in a vice and drill a hole through it. Or drill the hole and then cut it off. 

6 minutes ago, olds cool said:

This type of spacer.

Been through my boxes of bits and come up zip so far.

Yes thats one im after.

10 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

Make one from alloy rod. Cut off the length you need, put it in a vice and drill a hole through it. Or drill the hole and then cut it off. 

Yeh i could do that IF i had some rod.Probably would have to buy a minimum length of a meter that i would never use again!Looking like a might have to get the 10 pack for $20 off Porkchop in the states and have 9 i will never use again!

Surely someone’s got a repop caliper u could by for less than $20

Can’t make this work from oldschoolbmx? 

Got the gap for the spring but I don’t reckon you’d notice it 

2 hours ago, 771970 said:

Yeh i could do that IF i had some rod.Probably would have to buy a minimum length of a meter that i would never use again!Looking like a might have to get the 10 pack for $20 off Porkchop in the states and have 9 i will never use again!

bullshit ...build 9 more PK rippers ,,no waste ..problem solved 

Who would've thought it'd be so hard to find. I had nothing to do for a while so had a look online and couldn't find any that I thought would suit. I had a look thru my bits and pieces and couldn't find one either. 

On the plus side though I did find a gold stem I didn't know I had:good_mini:

I know it's not going to suit your PK but one of my old girls has a couple of old skateboard bearings as spacers. I can only assume that was an easy fix BITD. image.jpeg

3 hours ago, benchwarmer said:

What he said. Depends how urgent is urgent!Please login or register to see this image. /monthly_2018_09/image.png.d485fdaf16f2dbae7b1e17de2570e6f4.png" alt="image.png" />

What about the round finned spacer from the  Kool Stop/Skyway brake pads? Seen them used more than once.

Thanks for the input guys.Geez i didnt think one of these would prove so hard to find.Anyway my search continues.. off to some of the fastener places and try my luck at Bunnings.

Could try a decent bolt shop.

10 minutes ago, kosimgettinold said:

Please login or register to see this link.

Yeh already tried Pork...minimum pack of 10 to Australia.

I have some stainless solid  rod I’ll measure the diameter tomorrow for you and if it’s not to thick I’ll make you one. 

Hey Mick thanks heaps for that kind offer but let me see if any of the bolt/fastener places have any first.no luck there i will PM you.Thanks again

22 replies to a bmx brother over a 5mm spacer. 

Gotta love this place 

Yeh Tim its a special brotherhood we have here at this place.Glad to see its alive and well.

And a big thanks to all of you who have tried to help in my hour of need!!

Looks like i may have found some stainless ones in the correct size but i will know for sure tomorrow.

Fingers Crossed!!

Thanks Again.