XL250

Pro Neck chain wheel

7 posts in this topic

Alrighty then folks. I am after a black 44 tooth chain ring. Doesn't need to be any brand name stuff but i am after a nice annodised finish.. 110 or 130 bcd. No modern style stuff but modern re pop is fine. For swaps i have this 43 tooth Pro Neck in excellent condition apart from a small vice imprint (see pics) also has some rust stains on the back side (see piccs) but we all know that stuff is easy to remove.

Cheers.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I have a black Super Duralumin 110 or MCS 110/130 one of you want it

On 24/09/2018 at 10:37 PM, ford1981 said:

Don't know 

Thanks mate, I'll keep lookimg.

Black is an odd one,I know that some alloy parts are anodised and some are painted with it being hard to tell sometimes. Have come across hubs that i thought were ano but turned out to be painted,I'm not sure if it has something to do with the particular alloy used or the difficulty of getting black ano right. You can get some great paint these days that sticks like shit to a blanket,as long as you put the time in with prep. Might be an option for you.

On 27/09/2018 at 4:26 AM, olds cool said:

Black is an odd one,I know that some alloy parts are anodised and some are painted with it being hard to tell sometimes. Have come across hubs that i thought were ano but turned out to be painted,I'm not sure if it has something to do with the particular alloy used or the difficulty of getting black ano right. You can get some great paint these days that sticks like shit to a blanket,as long as you put the time in with prep. Might be an option for you.

Thanks mate, i have thoght about painting but if worse comes to worse then I'll probably just buy a new Chop Saw wheel or something similar, they do look nice and have the old style appearance. I have had success in the past using a good quality satin black on a couple of head stems to give a black anno appearance, like you said, preperation is the key.