mOoisaCoW

Mongoose DMC 1996

14 posts in this topic

Up for sale is my much loved Mongoose DMC.  I bought it as a frame and fork set after the Haro Shredder I was riding snapped...   Any parts that were not up to the task were replaced with quality components - This bike was built to be tough.  It is not light but it is solid.  It has hardly been ridden in the last 15 years and been hanging on a bike holder in my garage.  It hasn't been cleaned so you can see the dust in the photo's and also has surface rust.  No dints in frame, bars or forks.  Main damage is scuffs on brake levers and warn down alloy pegs.

The rims are Peregrine HP 48's and are very true.
Tape on bars was to stop oryg cable rattling
Let me know if you need better photo's of specific components and I'll get closer pics

Due to it's lack of use my wife say's it has to go.

I'm not sure what it is worth.  I know it is not stock by any means but it is quality.  Will let it go for $700 or please make an offer.  Inspections welcome and would ship at buyers expense.   Location Heidelberg Heights - 3081

Photo's: Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Only parts I have are on the bike.  I have a couple of spare tires I'll include but that is about it.

The frame won't be any good if it's snapped sell me it so I can at least salvage the parts

Sorry I don't think you understand.  I don't have any of the shredder.  When it snapped all parts that were still good were transferred over to the DMC.   The only BMX parts I have are on this DMC apart from another set of tires.   The DMC is all that is for sale.  The only reason I mentioned the Shredder is to explain why the DMC is not stock.

Feel free to make an offer on the DMC

Think ol mate must of previously been on the whats everyone smoking thread.☺

Actually I don't smoke and he didn't explain all the parts went on to the DMC you'll get good $$$ for the frame forks and bars alone I saw one sell on a bmx page on Facebook for $350 and that's a good deal

Please login or register to see this link.

I sent you a pm, did you get it?

Thanks guys.  Just got the PM's now.

I'm not interested in splitting off the parts.  Hard enough for me to let go as it's the end of an era!

Burninator has given a good solid low ball offer that I will consider over the next couple of days.  If anyone wants to make an offer in the mean time please send a PM.  

(I'm not getting notifications of PM's so I may only see your response when I get time to check the website.)

You have to turn notifications for messages back on in the message settings

Thanks everyone who contacted me via PM.  The bike has now sold and has a new happy owner